The Official Community Rules
1) CONTENT: The following sections outline language, expressions, images, and naming of characters, accounts, external hyperlinks, posts and messages, clear or masked, which is not allowed on the XSV Community official forums.
A. Racism, Ethnicity, Nationality, Life Choices, Religion, and Politics
- -Anything that promotes, is recognized as slurs or personal attacks within the context of racial, ethnic, national, life choice, religious, or political identity.
B. Sexuality and Violence
- -Anything that promotes, is recognized as, or alludes to symbols of minors in sexual situations.
- -Anything that insults or demeans any sexual orientation.
- -Anything construed as pornographic.
- -Any references to specific acts of violence occurring outside of XSV Community against other members.
C. Personal Information, Attacks, and Threats
- -Any release of personal information about yourself, other individuals, or community members with the exception of your own social media accounts or game network accounts.
- -Any language that can be perceived as a personal attack against other individuals or community members.
- -Any direct or veiled threats of any nature including but not limited to violence or legal action made against yourself, other individuals, or community members.
D. Illegal Activity
- -Requesting, arranging, or offering to commit or conspire to commit illegal activities.
- -Discussing illegal activity committed personally.
- -Posting anything that supports or encourages copyright or intellectual property infringement.
E. Harassment and Defamatory Statements
- -Anything construed as referring to other individuals or community members using any disallowed content or behavior.
F. Discussion of Moderator Action
- -Excessive and direct reference to past, present, or future moderator action on the official Community forums. If you have questions about or wish to appeal moderator actions, please contact the Support Team or Community Team.
- -Excessive discussion or debate of the official Community forums rules. G. Foreign Languages
- -Use of foreign languages to circumvent moderation.
- -"Calling out" other users or community staff that devolves into harassment or attacks in the title or content of a thread or post. You may refer to in-game activities by character or player name but may not reference real-world activities.
- - Calling for the removal of community staff. Please note, this will result in immediate thread removal and the author's permanent suspension from the forums. (In the event of an actual incident which deems a staff member to be reported contact a Community Manager. Event must have adequate proof to be considered)
- A. Racism, Ethnicity, Nationality, Life Choices, Religion, and Politics
2) BEHAVIOR: The following sections outline actions which are not allowed on the official Community servers.
- -Any language or actions intended to disturb other individuals and their gameplay experience.
- -Any disruption or exploitation of contests and promotions.
- -Provocative posting in a non-constructive manner.
- -Disruption of official threads started by a staff member. These threads may contain additional instructions, please heed them.
- -Disruptive practical jokes on any day other than April 1(There is a forum for this, please stay on topic.)
B. Spamming and Post Content
- -Excessive repetition of a single phrase, similar phrases, image or images, or incoherent gibberish.
- -Excessive use of Caps Lock. (Yes.... This has been an issue)
- -Posts with minimal or no content.(i.e posting to improve count, intentional non-relevance...)
- -Posts that do not contribute to the overall conversation(off topic). -Reposting about topics with existing major threads(Open or Closed).
- -Posting threads not germane to a particular subforum.
- -Threads or posts whose primary purpose is dramatic effect rather than substantive discussion.
- -Evasion of the profanity filter or obscuring of profanity in an attempt to evade detection. Profanity filter limitations are not a defense of evading it. C. Advertising
- Any promotion of non-XSV Community, non-XSV Gaming, LLC business venture with a conflict of interest. This includes direct and veiled promotion or recruitment for other games. D. Scamming -Acquiring items, currency, or any other in-game possessions from another individual through misinformation, confusion, or fraud.
- -All forms of illegal or unfair gameplay including the use of third-party applications to gain an unfair advantage. This includes the discussion of cheating or exploits.
- -If you suspect cheating is taking place or have knowledge of an exploit, please contact our Support Team or Community Team.
F. Multiple Accounts and Impersonation
- -Creation of multiple accounts by a single individual solely for use on the official forums. Note: Players who connect from the same location or computer may be subject to suspensions taken against other players connecting from that location or computer. In these cases, the moderators will make efforts to correctly determine the individuals involved and only take action against the offenders.
- -Creation of multiple accounts for the purpose of evading suspension or account closure. Suspensions are issued against individuals, not accounts. Please note, users who connect from the same location or computer may be subject to suspensions taken against other users from the same location or computer. In these cases, the Moderation Team will make their best efforts to determine the identity of individuals, however this is solely at the discretion of the Moderation Team.
- -Any impersonation of other individuals or Community Staff or its partners'. Note: All XSV Staff and partners' representatives are required to have a custom title denoting their position, so you will always be aware of whom is an approved representative.
- G. Misrepresentation Misrepresentation of the XSV Community or its partners. This includes falsely quoting moderators or staff members, or quoting moderators or staff members in such a way that the content or context of the material quoted is changed.
H. Trading In-Game Items or Accounts for Real-World Currency
- -Requesting, arranging, or offering the exchange of in-game items or accounts for real-world currency with other players.
- -Requesting, arranging, or offering the exchange of real-world currency with other players.
3) MODERATOR PREROGATIVE: Interpretation of the above rules is at the sole discretion of the moderators. Content and behavior outside of these listed rules are also subject to moderator review and action. All decisions made by Community Managers are final.
4) ACCOUNT CLOSURE: Account closures executed by the Community Managers are permanent. New accounts made by owners of closed accounts will be summarily closed.
5) FORUM NAMES: Forum names are subject to these rules. Account holders with forum names that are in violation of these rules may be contacted and asked to change their forum name or otherwise warned or suspended from the official XSV Community forums. If a new appropriate forum name is not provided by the account holder in a reasonable amount of time, it will be changed to an appropriate forum name by the XSV staff.
Accounts found to be violating any of these rules may:
- -Be given a warning.
- -Be given a final warning where any further violations will result in suspension from the official XSV Community forums or account closure.
- -Be temporarily suspended from the official XSV Community forums.
- -Be permanently closed. In cases where moderator action is required, moderators may edit, move, or delete posts containing violations of the forum rules.
As listed above, moderators may warn, suspend, or permanently ban accounts from the servers. The action taken will be based on both the frequency of violations made by a specific user and the specific violation in question. In extreme cases, action may also be taken against game accounts for forum violations. Please note that this list of rules will be updated as necessary. Not all situations are covered by these rules and XSV Gaming, LLC reserves the right to moderate at our discretion. Failure to follow these rules or any direction from XSV Gaming, LLC representatives may result in action being taken against your account. Now, with these guidelines in mind, we invite you to add your voice to the official XSV Community forums and become a constructive member of its community! If you haven’t yet, be sure to post your first thread in the Introductions section to meet your fellow Forum Members.
Thanks for checking out the community.
Revision 1.0.2 20180405
- 1) CONTENT: The following sections outline language, expressions, images, and naming of characters, accounts, external hyperlinks, posts and messages, clear or masked, which is not allowed on the XSV Community official forums.