Welcome to xsvCommunity

Forums

Ring of Elysium

“Ring of Elysium is a multiplayer online battle royale shooter. We need more feedback to create a better polished game. With players joining the game earlier, we can understand our players better and adjust the final version accordingly.”
Forums

Everyone needs a little RAINBOW ! ! ! !

Check out our community Rainbow Six Guide !!
Guide

ArmA 3

ArmA Forum
Team XSV

Goodbye my friend...

As a result of Acer’s sudden passing, most of us (if not all of us) never got a chance to say goodbye or let him know how he impacted our lives. Additionally, many of us would like a way to pass on our condolences to Acer’s loved ones. In order to facilitate that we are starting this forum posting to gather well wishes and to share personal stories of our dealings with Acer and how he enriched all of our lives. If you can remember a time where he helped you out, or just said a kind word and laughed with you, feel free to share it. Please know that the intent of this forum is not only for us to say goodbye, but also for us to express our admiration and our condolences to Acer’s family.

• Thanks 1

Acer buddy, it sucks that you aren't here anymore to wow us with stories from the yard, or play games with us well into the night. You were gone too soon. It sucks to not be able to hear your snarky "yes dad", or any of the other Acerisms you bestowed upon us. I still find it difficult to believe. One night I am listening to you guys play R6S, the next night, gone. I was always impressed with your technical skill and personable abilities. I honestly cannot remember anyone speaking ill of you. You were our ambassador and diplomat to other communities. Everyone knew Acer, and Acer knew everyone. I remember the first time we met you. We were all playing Exile in your server, and you played with us and helped us the whole time. Even when others wanted to shun us. Since then you have become a true friend in every sense of the word. 

If I had to describe you, it would be to say you were a true renaissance man. Someone who was capable of doing many things, and doing them well. Famous Sci-Fi writer Robert Heinlein once wrote "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." I can think of no better quote to sum up your character and heart. 

Hell, even my son was sad to hear you go. He remembers us chatting several times and was genuinely sad. That is just a fraction of how far your influence spread, and an ever smaller fraction of how much you will be missed. A phrase comes to mind when I think back to the value of your friendship and camaraderie when we knew you were gone, it was like watching a beautiful sunset, at noon.

To Acer's family:

I cannot fathom the pain you must feel, and any words I say cannot come close to expressing my condolences. I can only imagine what it would be like to lose my own son and it terrifies me like nothing else. You should all be proud beyond words of everything your son accomplished, not only in life but within the gaming community as well. I don't even mean technically, I mean personally and as a great human being. Your son was a gentleman in every sense of the word. He could be raunchy as the best of them, strictly professional, adaptive, caring, and very empathetic towards his fellow man. I am forced to wonder why he was taken from us so young. It is then I realize that maybe he wasn't meant to be here long with us, but maybe he was meant to touch our lives in the ways that he did. I consider myself beyond fortunate to have known him and have called him a friend. Thank you for raising a wonderful son, and helping him to become a man I respected. A man whom I would be proud to have my son emulate. I can think of no higher praise.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

Acer by far was a character. Especially when it came to games like rocket league. Nicknamed "rocket reeague" after him because he used to get so pissed at the game if his teammates were bad. Funny as shit.

By far one of the best friends i ever had as well. Helped me through a lot of tough shit and stuck his neck out for me for a lot as well. It's the reason why I'm even here at XSV. He brought me here.

I'm gunna miss the star wars puns and joke that i never got cause i never really liked the series. Could tell he honestly liked them though.

The rest i cannot simply put into words. Acer was a best friend to me. I don't know how to explain someone so close just vanishing one day. Still doesn't feel real.

In conclusion though, i won't ever forget acer. And as said before, one of the best friends i've ever had. Will miss you acer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is his mom. I'm speechless from all the wonderful memories and words that the gaming community has for Jase.  I was always worried that he didn't have a social life but after hacking into his computer (shhhh don't tell}

I have come to realize he socialized more than any of us knew. I guess this is the way of the new world. Again Thank you all. I was going to open a Go Fund Me page but have decided instead to ask the gaming community to make Donations

in his name to any of the following:

The American Lung Association (his father has end stage COPD/Emphysemia)

The Disabled American Veterans (DAV  - his dad is a Vietnam Vet)

The Humane Society

The Police Athletic League 

and finally if you ever get a phone solicitation from the Police Benevolent Association, PLEASE Do Not Hang Up!!!

Again thank you for all your well wishes and kind words. I realize i wasn't  such a bad mom as I thought!  Please share my thanks with the other boards he was involved in.

You can leave me messages by PM on his FB page ; Jason Rebele

• Like 3

Hi, Acer, why did you leave that early, buddy??? I wish I knew you better. You will always stay with us in our memories, in our hearts. Rest in peace, dear friend! We will never forget you!

To Acer's family: you did amazing job raising your son, be proud of him. He was a good man and a great friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

writing this post has defeated me, every time i think about whats happened i struggle to come to terms with whats happened.

acer was one hell of a guy, a good staff member, loyal worker an inspiration to everyone but most importantly.. he was a friend.
one that would always stick up for me no matter what crap i put in the way. i'm not an easy person to deal with at the best of times but.. he always was there whenever i needed him.

he always stood up for me no matter what it was. he threw himself into the deep end for me, for no reason...
i have quite the debt to repay

he was a proud person, loved his job, loved the people who surrounded him.. just
acer.. i fucking love you man, one day i hope i repay my debt to you.

goodbye friend, i'm sorry for being such a pain in the ass

- rose 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Acer..... this one is tearing me up on the inside. You were still young and had lots ahead of you.

I have more respect for you then you would have ever known. You went down a carrier path that I once was on. And that path is not for every one, Especially for the weak minded. I am no longer on that path. For personal reasons. But when some one on that path has lost there life, my heart still bleeds. 

You were are a kind and helpful person that will be missed. (Hell I still hear your voice in the back of my head. A Voice I will never forget.)

You have helped this community out more then you know, And saying thank you is not enough.

To the family and loved ones.

I extend our sincerest condolences on the grievous loss you are suffering.

You have raised a good men. Never doubt that you haven’t. He will be missed. And my prayers are with you all.

Goodbye and Rest In Peace

Jason  (Acer)

- Jonathan (Hully)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let me start off by saying this isn’t easy for me to say goodbye, it’s not fair that I didn’t have a chance to say goodbye and I honestly don’t want to say goodbye I rather say I’ll see you soon..

you were one of the best people I’ve ever met in my life I enjoyed every moment we had especially the raging ones when we yelled at each other. It hurts me to write this I rather be writing I’ll see you later tonight so we can kick some butt.. I’ll forever keep doing that favorite noise I’ve always did and you cried laughing on arma 3 days, I wish made that ringtone for you when I had the chance.

you were raised by an amazing loving family I wish nothing but the best for them my prayers are with you.

i will miss you and I promise I’ll see you again. Rest In Peace Jason (acer)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ACER....you did so much for bringing the community more and more together, with all the time spent engrossed in coding and bringing people like Rose in. 

Thank you for all that you did and for playing games with us and yelling at me to shut up...It's surreal to say the least, fly high my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jason,

I'm so glad that I was fortunate enough to be able to know you and game with you. It's still hard to believe that one night I'm playing Rainbow 6 with you and then not even 24 hours later I learn that you have left us. I'm going to miss you being around not only as a gamer but as a fellow leader in this community. You did so much for us and for that I will always be grateful.

Thank you Jason's parents for raising such a wonderful and talented young man that will be forever missed by me and so many in the online communities.

Love,

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Acer, you were an amazing person, you were a super funny person. I remember when I first met you back on exile and we played countless hours with friends, those were some really fun times. Life is so weird, your playing and having fun with someone one day, and the next they are gone. I’m sorry you had to go so early buddy, I miss you a lot, you’ve done so much for the community it’s amazing, you were raised to be a truly great person.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Acer, though I have never played with you and sadly will ever get the chance to get to meet you, I'm still grieving at the fact that someone in this community who everyone loved dearly and it upsets me so much to see this happen to someone so young who had their whole life ahead of them suddenly be taken away because of a couple of seconds.

To his family...

I can't imagine the sadness going through this family, I've been grateful to never experience the hardship of a family member pass away yet but I could imagine it would be very hard to deal with especially when it's you child. I just want to say that Jason, from what i've heard was an amazing person to be around and was loved throughout not only this community but many other communities and he'll be missed dearly. You raised an amazing person who was talented and loved and I hope he is at peace now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jason,

I never got to know you as well as everyone else did. Life has happened the past few months for me andI haven’t been around as much as I’d have liked. But I saw the effect that you had on the others in the organization. You were a natural leader to a lot of people in XsV. You were fun, you were steady. 

Rest easy, brother. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Currahee320                     Thank you for making the trip to my home and for the kind and inspiring words you had for my son. I am so glad that our family now sees that being a gamer is NOT the same as playing games on the computer as I have been trying to explain to them for years. To see that Acer was so much more and meant so much to other people. It has been a very rough week for me as you can imagine. Keep Ace's "snarkiness" alive and let him NOT be forgotten. Respectfully, Judie Rebele aka Maniac_Mom aka Acer's mom. God Speed to all                              

• Thanks 1